Please complete and submit the following information to establish your City of Gastonia or Two Rivers Utilities Account at least two (2) business days before your new utility service is needed:
Requirements for new service:
- City of Gastonia/Two Rivers Application - completed with basic information for the primary applicant, and any co-applicants, as well as the location where service is being requested.
- Identification - required for the primary applicant and any co-applicants. A clear photo or image of a valid U.S. issued photo identification or completed Identity Verification Form, found on the City’s website under the Utility Customer Service tab, may be used to meet this requirement.
- Proof of Legal Occupancy - copy of lease agreement or proof of ownership where utility service is being requested.
- Contact Phone Number - please provide a valid daytime phone number where you may be reached in case there are questions or issues that need to be addressed prior to establishing your service.
- City Accounts – please note that all City of Gastonia accounts for the applicant and any co-applicants must be current before new service can be established.
- Deposit – customer may also be required to provide a deposit for utility services unless one (1) of the following can be provided:
- Two (2) current written credit references from any creditors or one (1) credit reference from a utility company with at least twelve (12) months of current credit history. Credit references must be in the same name as the applicant and must state that there have been less than three (3) delinquent payments during the 12-month period.
- Personal Guaranty - if a commercial customer requests that a deposit requirement be waived on the basis of personal credit history with an existing City of Gastonia utility account, he or she shall sign the Utility Service Agreement both as an officer of the business and as an individual, thereby personally guaranteeing the debt.
Deposit amounts vary, based on the utility services available, but are based on two times the average bill amount for the service location and must be paid in full before services are connected. If the service location is new and has no current utility history, or if there has been a change in business type from the previous customer, the Finance Department will use a similar type business to calculate the deposit amount.
Note: If the deposit requirement amount exceeds $2,000.00 for a new non-residential customer, a surety bond payable to the City of Gastonia, valid for a period of two (2) years, may be accepted.
Please note that all documentation must be received before services can be connected. If additional information is needed, an email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org with details. Please check your spam folder or add this email to your allowed senders list.
Submitting your application:
In addition to submitting your application, along with the necessary attachments online through our secure encrypted application, you may also return them to the Customer Service Division as follows:
- Mail to City of Gastonia Customer Service, PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053
- Deliver in person to the Customer Service Division located on the first floor of the Garland Business Center, 150 S. York Street, Gastonia NC 28052
Please note that we do not recommend returning the information to us via email or facsimile (FAX) due to the sensitivity of identifying personal information included.